Irregular Posting

Notice At present this blog is not being updated regularly as I am in the final stages of writing my thesis. I am still regularly updating my thesis progress reports if you want news

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Chattering (Sunday 10th Jun 07)

Wednesday 6th Jun


Not sure there is much to report today, finally got into work for this week having had a migraine at the start of the week. On the way to work noted that they have finally started work on Gell Street playing ground. There should be lots of new equipment for kids of all ages. The big worry is how to stop boredom vandalism from happening.


I should know by now that if Elder's play stroppy I pay for it with a migraine. Ironic in some ways as I needed to be in work to cover for someone who has had a persistent headache for four weeks. Got to reading through the stuff for them today, but will have to sort it tomorrow.


Went to Somerfield's on the way home basically to restock my fridge as stuff was getting very, very low. Nothing fancy just basics. Came back and caught sight of one of my neighbours called Sandra. So looked in her direction and noticed that there was a police van parked on Gell Street. Sandra assured me it was a publicity stunt. So I went to have a look. Not much doing but we had a neighbour hood meeting there and then. They were trying to get us to sign up for a neighbour watch at a meeting in a fortnights time. It will be interesting to see what comes of it.




Saturday 9th Jun


Not bad I actually get to write a second installment before Sunday. Lets see, not much gone on because I was second week recovering from tablet drop. I am just dopey/likely to crash this week, not totally out for the count. Was fairly busy at work. Saw Justyna twice and Sylvie twice. Sylvie came to see me with a couple of queries and then said "this light is doing my head in". My office is dark and coolish this time of year. So I sent her home to go to bed. Diagnosis, one migraine. She will be back next week to ask exactly the same questions. Reasons 1) because she nearly always is 2)I never take in anything with a migraine either.


I submitted the paper for next Monday's supervision, and generally have been trying to get into transcription. That is genuine. Its going slow with the latest interview I have not even managed to divide it up into stories yet. Maybe I will do some on the train down on Monday. Needless to say this is the part of the transcription that is going to be emotionally hard. Mum and Dad sent through an advert for a free driving check-up. I was able to use the internet to check why. It seems a pretty genuine offer, aimed partly at traffic safety and partly at getting people to have further lessons. Well as I intend to have further lessons anyway I am happy to take it up.


We also now have the rubber covers for the wires at church. Of course when we get the wires suddenly the organ wire is stored tidily under the organs so we cannot fit that one. It is at the back of church and I will talk with our Organist, Douglas tomorrow.


Finally I have have found this really super way to do Celtic Knot work. Its a font and you need to pay for it but you can do so much with it. Have a look at what the people at Clanbadge have done with it.


The park is still dug up which means local birds are displaced somewhat. There has therefore been a run on the bird seed in my feeder. Well today I was not quite with it, as I intended getting a second bird feeder but got to the shop to late, but did manage to get to the lock smith next door who sold me the ideal chain for securing it to the pole and a padlock for all of £2.50. The thing with the old one technique was that the ring that I had to thread and rethread was steadily getting more and more rusty.




Sunday 10th June

Today's news. Well David Hill had a nice tan today at worship having returned from Cyprus. Elizabeth Draper was ordained an elder and things went through very smoothly. Barry and Pat Thomas are leaving this coming week for Reading and planning to worship at St. Andrews Reading. Afterwards I came home and slept for a couple of hours before getting up and having something to eat. Dad rang, they seem to have had a good time so far. The weather has been mixed especially when they were by St. Andrews but things have gone to plan and yesterday on the boat trip Dad got sunburnt. The bird life has been good, they have seen puffins, guillemots and such. Today they worshipped in Iona Abbey.


Talking of birds I have had a couple of feathered visitors. I have had my lounge door open to allow air to circulate. The first was a pigeon who was a really cool customer and decided he would investigate this place that was the other side of the railings. He did not fly in, he just walked and I had to shoo him back out. The second was an accident by a greenfinch who was not nearly as calm and collected. I do not know who was the more panicky me or the finch. I have this thing about not touching wild animals, birds or fish. I just feel totally out of my depth. Anyway it knocked itself out in my kitchen where I did not see it. Came around and I heard the noise, managed to open the window somewhat wider and it escaped. Very relieved bird and very relieved me!


Other than that spent most of the afternoon tidying up bits and pieces on my website. Well that and putting a celtic knot tile in as a header. Some little things irritate me enormously, like how do I get the Title text centred correctly against its box. Mutter, Mutter, Mutter.



Any way off to Birmingham tomorrow and need to print out things I have submitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment