Irregular Posting

Notice At present this blog is not being updated regularly as I am in the final stages of writing my thesis. I am still regularly updating my thesis progress reports if you want news

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sore throat at Elders

Let me see. There are three events this week. First my writers group started up again. This is fun although we are already in the run up to the Off the shelf reading (It is free and all are welcome to come) which means I have to get two of my poems through another draft and ready to be read for a week on Monday. I probably should be doing them now but I will do it later this week.

Second was that I presented my report to elders on Thursday. It was one of those days and not helped by the fact I awoke with a sore throat. I also forgot to ring the minister to remind him I need to projector and screen. Actually everything otherwise went like clock work except I talked too much, saying some things earlier than I should of and having to repeat them. For the first part of the elders meeting they had a local councillor in talking on ways they could engage with the local community. Why is it that councillors think we should always engage with the homeless. I agree it is a good work, but this is a church already involved in Pathways and other homeless activities and really needs to find places where it can build relationships which will make it more outwardly focused. Its not at this stage about evangelism its about making friends on an ongoing basis. This is just something that have not bothered to do. The one really useful comment was by Helen who said that the majority of the serving elders now were incomers. Very interesting, I had not worked that out before, it shows as she said that the incomers were able to tap into with the powers that be when some of the local people weren't.

Unfortunately I still had a burny throat that evening and decided it was time to call the cold, a cold. Friday we were supposed to have Greek but Betty had just died and Sarah wanted to go up after the Broomhall Breakfast to see what she could do. With that and my cold greek was cancelled. So I nipped into town to get supplies and since then have been trying to hibernate. Unfortunately needed to go out to St Andrews today to set some of the heating (the rest can wait until I am better but the evening service today and the Tuesday group were likely to need the heat on before then). The rest has been sleeping, keeping warm, ginger drink which is supposed to be good for indigestion but also seems to do pretty well at relieving cold symptoms, taking vitamin C and zinc and echinaea plus having an essential oil warmer going with eucalyptus etc in it. Basically I have thrown everything I can at the cold and it is only shifting slowly. So I think I am going to be off work tomorrow but hoping I am back to functioning normally by Tuesday. Voice has gone today so it might be interesting informing people of my status tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment