Irregular Posting

Notice At present this blog is not being updated regularly as I am in the final stages of writing my thesis. I am still regularly updating my thesis progress reports if you want news

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Balancing Work, Thesis and parents

This week feels as if it has been very busy despite not having writers group nor going to Bible study. However that was counteracted by teaching on Tuesday and being on a training on Thursday plus editing my essay on Friday and Saturday. So busy. Also Dad was at SST, and somehow as he was sleeping at home each night, as it was in Manchester I did not register this and so on Monday I did not ring mum as I normally do when Dad's away. This all came out in the wash when I rang on Tuesday as it was Dad's birthday and found that Mum had been cross with Dad for coming in so late.

Thursday I went to a postgrad training in Birmingham. Well it was instructive in at least one way, they talked about supervisor-supervisee relationship and I realised a lot of what was wrong from my perspective was organisational rather than due to the actual relationship. However the volcano erruption in Iceland made the trains very crowded even when I was aiming for the less crowded ones as people could not fly down from Edinburgh to Heathrow and such.

Friday and Saturday were quiet days. I was tired after the day in Birmingham, as I had to leave the house at 6:30 and did not get back until 18:30 which makes a long day. I also did a silly thing. I was downloading email from Btinternet as they have my account numbers for the train fares and I had to delete messages on my mobile phone. I have today found that deleting them from my mobile also deleted them from my BT account. So I have lost about two months worth of recent messages. The problem is I cannot find anyway to delete stuff over a month old or put it in a separate folder. Yesterday I also received a Tesco shop and got a drawing scanned in. So at last I can try tackling an web-page for a walk rather than a site. 

Today went to Herringthorpe for the their annual general meeting. They are distributing the reports by email to those who have email accounts. They are also presuming that this will save paper. I am not at all sure. The thing is that if you are photocopying you can do double sided but most home printers don't. They did not send me any so I will have to download them from the web. I wonder if the problem with finances are that we tell people what we need to meet demands, but not what we could do if we raised extra. The thing is that if a congregation meets the basics then anything beyond that can be used in creative ways either for evangelism or to provide better facilities or for service of the neighbour hood. I came home from it and slept for three hours without difficulty.

No comments:

Post a Comment