Irregular Posting

Notice At present this blog is not being updated regularly as I am in the final stages of writing my thesis. I am still regularly updating my thesis progress reports if you want news

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Thesis week before a weekend with my parents

Lets see what is happened this week. Monday was a none date due to a migraine but got to the doctor who agreed I could put medication up in the aftermath of the migraine and see if that gets me out of the post migrainous spell I seem to go through. Its a funny state, not really full blown migraine but still not totally a-migrainous either. I tire easily and get migraines quite often in that state. So we shall see if this will get rid of the state.

In work on Tuesday, well I had an interview planned for the Tuesday but the grandchild of the person was off sick on the Monday so had to be off on the tuesday and that meant Gran was child sitting. Child is a special child and I am quite sure requires a lot of Gran's attention when child sitting. So that was postponed to Wednesday. So I spent tuesday installing SPSS 17 on my machine instead and also putting in data for Churches Worker with Elderly people. Fortunately I had no appointments on Wednesday so the swap was easily made. The interview went well. Although the weather was doing fancy things. It was lovely sunny when I drove there and drove home but I looked up during the interview and thought "hum I wonder where that cherry tree is that is loosing its petals." The second time I looked up I thought "Duh those petals are snow" but the contrast of white soft flakes falling against what otherwise looked like a lovely spring day made me think they were cherry blossom rather than snow. I am fairly tired after I have done an interview so the write-up largely got left to the following day.

Thursday I spent the mornign writing up the interview. In the afternoon I got a letter from Birmingham University saying they had changed the "upgrade" procedure. They call it an upgrade but as I was accepted at a PhD level they can only down grade me. However as there is no problem with me passing this. I have done the work several times over for the old procedure I have not been particularly fussed about getting it but I have submitted. So I am in the odd situation of having submitted for this under the old rules but with new rules in place or should be in place before they are considered. Well I forwarded the email to my supervisor and asked him to clarify my situation. I will need to do significant re-writing if I have to submit under the new rules. They want a chapter written instead of just an extended piece of academic writing. They also want an interview but that is not really a problem as I am on top of things.

Friday I went to breakfast then onto work. The reasons for going to breakfast was I need to pay for my Reform and Messenger subscription and I needed to take a cheque out of my pigeon hole and put it in Jean Dickson's (well as she was at breakfast I actually handed her it). Now I know that sounds like a waste of energy but that was the agreed route for these things. The reason for it passing into my hands was that my signature should be on it, but I happened to have already signed one. Then on the evening I came across to Stockport and have been with my parents ever since.

Saturday we went to Lyme Park for a walk. We did not go very far, just up the hill and back down again. We saw a couple of sky larks, one of them ascending and Dad did some plane spotting. You can see planes coming in from Manchester Airport and Woodford Aerodrome from the hills near there. Then we went and had a coffee at the cafe by the pond. In the afternoon I ordered for Dad on his account Sam's and Hannah's easter presents.

Today Mum had a cold so has stayed home from church. I actually feel quite uncomfortable going to a church that isn't my placement church so I decided to stay home as well. That has left Dad to go to church which he has done. For Mum I sent on the emails from Aunties Val and Jean this week to Jack and Myrtle. Mum was going to put the print outs into an envelope and send them on. Dad should be back soon.

This week I have another interview coming up, this time with a former church secretary with a housegroup on Wednesday. Next weekend is also a writing one but St Andrew's Chesterfield Gift day and quiz night so busy. That is part of the reason why I wrote this this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment